Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Dammit, I'll learn....eventually!

Well, I've been bad! 

I had thought about closing down this blog simply because I was finding it all very hard keeping on top of EVERYTHING. Between running a website, a few Facebook fanpages, writing, children, a home - get the picture, it was just becoming increasingly difficult to keep on track of it all.

But alas, I am back. A few months silence never hurt anyone, right?

Anyway, it's a new year - yay to me for noticing. A lot has happened since my last blog post 'last year'. So where to start, hmm, the beginning.

So, in late December I got into talks with a rather lovely film director and screenwriter, Mark Roemmich and we decided to work together, bringing my novel Within the Shadows to life. The screenplay was written and the rights to my book were optioned. Yes, you heard me right, my book, something I created was optioned and adapted for film. How crazy is that? Mental, I know.

So after a few months of talks, discussions, reading screenplays and giving my nod of approval, Within the Shadows - The Movie is well on the way to being something I never thought possible in my wildest dreams.

Mark is an amazing screenwriter and put his spin on my story, keeping the integrity of my novel intact and adding a few little things to make the cinematic experience better. Remember, what works in a book doesn't necessarily work on film. They're totally two different mediums, but I can assure all my Shadow fans that they will love what Mark has done. 

We even have an official movie page which is nearing the 30K bracket:




We have some amazing talent ready to work on bringing the film to screen and below you can scroll your eyes over the principal crew:

PRINCIPAL CREW
Writer/Producer/Director - Mark Roemmich (Independence Day, Ask the Dusk, Masters of the Universe, The Making of True Lies, Black Widow, Becker’s Farm)
Line Producer - Lorraine Fennell (Sleepy Hollow, Remains of the Day, Tomb Raider, X- Files, The Parent Trap)
Co-Exec Producer - Don Drifitmier
Co-Exec Producer - Debi Roemmich
Associate Producer – Kristine Kreska
VFX Supervisor - Richard Kidd (Titanic, Armageddon, Transformers, Twilight, Captain Phillips, Spiderman 3 )
Director of Photography - Dave Drzewiecki (Iron Man 3, Titanic, CSI: Miami, We’re the Millers, The Cell)
Production Designer - Davide de Stefano(Empire, The Nativity Story, Mother of Tears)
Wardrobe - Elvis Davis(Saving Private Ryan, Richard III, Braveheart, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves)
Editor - Alaine Vasquez
1st AD - John Stirber (Fight Club, Dances with Wolves, Stuart Little 2)
Stunt Coordinator - Gianni Basetti
Sound Mixer - Richard Lightstone (Cold Case, Outbreak, Don Juan, Scary Movie)
Hair - Colleen LaBaff (The Hunger Games, The Originals, The Vampire Diaries, Iron Man 3, Pirate of the Caribbean, Californication)
Art Director - Richard Johnson (The Avengers, The Truman Show, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Big Fish, The Amazing Spiderman 2, The Last Airbender, Pacific Rim)
Production Accountant - Robert Labrecque (The Possession, Devils Knot, Homeland, Becker’s Farm)

International sales agent, Kristine Kreska has come on board and will be in charge of selling the film to each territory, as well as being an associate producer on the film.

Cool beans, huh? You bet!

But…

…March brought much frustration to the surface and I found it was time to part company with my publisher Crushing Hearts & Black Butterfly, Vamptasy and Hot Ink Press. Whilst the split was amicable, it came with a heavy heart. I have made some lovely friends with many of the authors within the CHBB house and lost some who I had held in high regard, but like most things, nothing lasts forever.

I wish the CHBB publishing house much success in the future. They have some solid rock stars signed to them.

But under all the doom and gloom a light beckoned and I was signed by Sam Hiyate, the president of The Rights Factory. Sam is just as passionate about my books as I am, and I am so thankful to finally have found the right man to steer me and my career in the right direction.

Wanna know a secret?

For the first time in a long while I am very excited about the future. I have lots of work and projects under my belt. Mark has completed the screenplay for movie two in my shadow world series, and again, the excitement is surreal and also quite humbling.

There will be a few surprise announcements coming in future months, and whilst I am itching to tell you all now, I cannot, but just know that there will be lots happening and lots for you all to look forward to.

So, that’s it for now. I don’t wanna bore you all too much..YET!

I promise to get better at all this blogging stuff…I am still learning.

Over and out :)




No comments:

Post a Comment