Monday, September 2, 2013

Guest Author: Victoria Kinnaird

To kick off the first Monday of September, we are joined by debut author, Victoria Kinnaird, one of the latest additions to the Crushing Hearts & Black Butterfly Publishing family. 

This is a fun post, and an insightful one. I asked Victoria to tell me a few of her darkest secrets, and guess what?

SHE DID!!!

✽ ✾ ✿ ❀ ❁ ❃ ❊ ❋ ✣ ✤ 



✽ ✾ ✿  My darkest secrets and “The Red Sun Rises”✽ ✾ ✿ 


1. I spent most of my teenage years feeling like I didn’t fit in.
Like Eren, the protagonist of “The Red Sun Rises”, I spent a lot of time feeling like I didn’t fit in, even when I was among friends. This is something that Eren experiences to a rather severe degree - all of his friends have the power to cast spells and he doesn’t. At the start of “The Red Sun Rises”, Eren’s friends have spent the summer learning how to cast so he feels more left out than ever.

2. I was bullied at school, and took great pleasure in writing a scene where Eren stands up to his bully.
I never physically confronted my bullies but Eren does and it was awesome to write! Eren is a tough character but he’s pretty used to being bullied and usually it doesn’t bother him - he always has a sarcastic and cutting comeback, until one morning he’s just so sick of it that he lets his fist do the talking.

3. Eren is a natural redhead, but I’m not!
 Although there are lots of redheads in my family, it’s not a gene I inherited so I dye my hair red! Eren’s red hair is actually quite important in the book, so it gets talked about a lot. I have ginger envy for sure.




4. I’m a fan of the Twilight books/movies.

While I don’t agree with how vampires are portrayed in the series, I do enjoy it! Eren is a secret fan as well and indirectly references the first film when talking to his vampire boyfriend Corbijn.

5. I never intended for “The Red Sun Rises” to be anything more than a standalone novel.
It took five years of false starts before I actually wrote a complete version of “The Red Sun Rises”, so I always told myself it would just be one book. Now I’m nearly halfway through writing Book 
2 and I’m planning Book 3! 








Author Links:


✽ ✾ ✿ ❀ ❁ ❃ ❊ ❋ ✣ ✤ 



Thank you so much for stopping by, Victoria. We wish you much success with your debut.


No comments:

Post a Comment